The Director of Digital Marketing will help define, lead, and implement the digital marketing execution of the customer journey for B2B, B2C and B2E customers for our growing franchise clients. As a cross functional leader working in tandem with our client services, operations and creative services, this role will be an integral member of the agency leadership team helping lead agency’s strategic growth and lead a team of digital specialists.
With digital marketing being central to our client campaigns, this position is responsible for driving digital and overall campaign KPIs. This position will own the strategy and roadmap for all media strategies for executing client campaigns to drive business results. This role will manage and mentor a team of digital strategists who manage primarily paid search, paid social and display campaigns designed to generate brand awareness and lead generation. As a leader the role will ensure effective goal tracking, analysis of results and next level campaign and content optimization recommendations. The ideal candidate for this position is curious and brings forth digital marketing trends, provides data and compelling rationale to persuasively communicate and align with agency teams and sell to clients.
Knowing that this is a growth area for the agency, it is critical that this role bring forth best practice process, martech to support the business, campaign set up and always be able to support A/B and new channel testing and optimizations. In addition, this role must be in lock step with the creative team to deliver effective campaigns to the target audience.
At Hot Dish, our team is:
- Passionate about our clients, our team and the work we produce.
- Curious to test new marketing ideas to help our clients achieve their goals and teach team members how to be critical thinkers in the agency to make our work better.
- Smartypants as part of the leading franchise marketing agency.
- Playing to win to do what it takes to support the client. Lead, Follow or Get out of the way.
- Respectful of everyone.
- Fun and thrive off partnering with other high-energy team members and clients!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for digital marketing strategy that aligns and furthers the business and growth of the agency and our clients
- Manage a team of five digital strategists in areas web experience, digital operations, lead gen, paid media, SEO/content strategy and analytics/reporting
- Work alongside the Account Services team to develop plans, identify the right mix between digital platforms, translate target audiences/personas into buying realities, and execute cross-platform solutions to reach them
- Support digital strategies that are aligned with creative with the goal to bring forth opportunities where the two teams are working together and together you drive incremental impact
- Be an active listener and distill client requests in to solving problems by activating the team as needed to accomplish client goals
- Communicate campaign strategy to client stakeholders for buy-in and strategic alignment
- Manage contracts and relationships of third-party partners as needed to support the business and to ensure an effective investment
- Manage media performance and optimization to deliver effective results
- Bring new technologies or martech to market including both the development of innovative products, as well as the digital transformation required to ensure a successful execution
- Oversight of day-to-day budget management and pacing for agency accounts
- Proven technical expertise in web development, APIs, app development, advertising, analytics including marketing attribution and data modeling.
- Help drive strategic agency growth as an integral and active member of the leadership team running on Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Ability to manage multiple programs in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to help predict and activate the needs of the team and the agency as a trusted cross functional leader that sits on the leadership team of the agency which runs on EOS and helps to drive agency profitability.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Business, Marketing, Technology or a related field preferred.
- 8+ years management experience in B2C and B2B campaigns.
- Must have managed a team of 4 or more individuals
- Franchise experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of building a strong team to scale and grow the business as needed.
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 years’ hands-on experience with Paid Search, Social media buys, buying platforms, ad servers and performance media analytics.
- Systems: Fluency/mastery of Web Ops, Digital and Social Advertising, SEO strategy, Dashboard Reporting tools, UX/UI, CRO (conversion rate optimization), Lead Gen, Branding, Vendor Negotiation