WHAT’S HOT: This position is a contract with the opportunity for full time. You must have a creative writing portfolio link included in your resume to be considered. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, we are open to applicants local in the greater Twin Cities area and nationally.
As a Copywriter, you’ll be tasked with taking on small and big sticky challenges – tackling challenges both on the business and in the business. You’ll not only craft copy that inspires action, but build creative solutions, collaborate as a team to bring fresh ideas forward and elevate the quality of our creative work. Speaking to audiences through meaningful words that transform compelling layouts. You’ll get to be a team player working on the business to help identify the root cause of our challenges and opportunities. We are not for the wallflowers who want to go along with the status quo, but for the day-makers who are striving to be their best. The ideal candidate has 3-8 years of creative agency experience, has written for the digital medium, has a proven ability to generate original ideas and is persuasive to know when to consult or sell their work to others.
- Experience copywriting capabilities for consumer brand, product and digital advertising campaigns. Specifically, you will write for franchise brands.
- Proven ability to create compelling copy for a variety of platforms. Here you will write for digital campaigns, lead generation campaigns, website content, social media posts, blogs, print ads, trade shows, radio, TV, video motion graphics/animations, and collateral.
- Supply fresh, creative ideas.
- Establish and maintain copy tone, known key words and brand voice for our clients.
- Growth-minded and looking to grow existing accounts, support winning new business and are collaborative creative leaders.
- Embody and represent agency core values that make us stand out from other agencies.
- Resourcefully responsive under pressure.
- Use data-driven insights to drive creative solutions.
- Can shift between multiple accounts.
- Identify and manage multiple priorities by utilizing the project management software supplied.
- Collaborate with team members, pitch new ideas to both clients and new business opportunities, and enhance creative solutions with fresh ideas or cutting-edge tactics.
- Excellent communicators and give respectful, clear and direct feedback to team members.
- 3-8 years of experience as a copywriter, preferably in an agency or in-house creative department
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, journalism or relevant field
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Solid understanding of advertising and marketing principles
- Passionate about connecting people to brands
- Strong portfolio, demonstrating an ability to craft and build creative campaigns and solves with insight
- Franchise brand experience is a plus, but not required
Why Hot Dish
Our purpose is to ignite success for our clients, our agency and each other. We are an impact agency that is strategically led, creatively driven, and client focused. We succeed when our clients succeed. In a fast-paced environment, our values guide and propel us forward, and that is what our teams thrive on.
At Hot Dish, we believe in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our clients and our greater community. We work in an authentically fun culture celebrating the small and large achievements along the way.
Passionate about our clients, our team and the work we produce.
- Curious to learn more, improve skills, use new programs, open to change and test new creative solutions to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Smarty Pants to challenge what has been done before and prove out a better solution that delivers results.
- Playing to win by willing to hustle and politely persist to meet or exceed our goals.
- Respectful of everyone. Open minded to the needs of others and work to help improve along the way. Teaching and showing without judgment.
- Fun and thrive off partnering with other high-energy team members and clients!